things i have learned this week, and want to share with all you lovely people.
1. it is physically impossible to be unhappy while listening to houdini by foster the people. so freaking good. its here >[link]< if you want to listen. which you should do.
2. there are prompts EVERYWHERE. seriously. just stop and take a glance around your house, or take a look out your window. or listen to your heart, or the hungry noises of your tummy. they are there, go find them, write them down and share.
3. my boys band, intertia sometimes sound a lot like old school chilli peppers. the greeting song just popped up on my phone, and holy shit i though it was them for a second. they are here >[link]< go listen. they are coming up in the world!
4. film in cool. really cool. so much better than digital in some aspects. now, i know that i wont ever be exclusively film but they are quite rewarding, and my film camera is so much better looking than my dslr.
5. wii is fun. me and the boy have set up the one my parents gave him for his birthday in the loungeroom. and we've been playing mario and sonic at the olympic games, and golf, and donkey kong and its brilliant. my arm still hurts.
how are all of you? what have you learned this week, and what a band or song that you cannot stay unhappy/mad when listening to?
oh, and i'm doing napowrimo. i'm probably just writing in my journal though (:
I've been doing pretty good lately, in comparison to the rest of the last year!
Just learning about school, earth science in particular, and tiny life lessons that are only acquired with age. You only get one life, live it to the fullest. But no mater how many times people say it to you, what they don't say is that you have to find the hidden meaning of those words for yourself; or they mean nothing. <3
The Dear Hunter is a good band for happiness; they use a lot of interesting instruments like the harp. David Gray is another one for being happy most of the songs anyway, like Babylon and Fugitive.
This week, my 'big' lesson has been that it's okay to strive for happiness in life. Even if everybody else holds great big goals, it's okay to say 'well, i want to be happy.' It's a great big goal, too. That being said, it's also okay to be ambitious in achieving that happiness.
On another note, does Inertia have any more upcoming gigs? I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it on Thursday, but it'd be nice to come and see them again sometime, especially now that I have a couple of weeks to relax a little more.
I very much agree about that song! Every song on that album is pure gold. I find it hard to stay angry whilst listening to any of the songs from The Beatles' "Rubber Soul". In fact, that's what I'm doing right now so that I can avoid taking it out on others.
I reached the target
I'd been waiting for
for some time now:
!!! :headbang: I'm
guys are always so
awesome and give me
so much support!To
thank you, old
watchers and new
ones, I decided to
open a GIVEAWAY here
on my page!As you
In our continuous
effort to improve
Site Updates to keep
members informed and
to gather feedback.
Below is a list of
recent changes to
the site, bug fixes,
and feedback that
was brought up by
members in the last
NewUpdate to th...
Year II - Issue
Features is a weekly
feature designed to
section of the most
support by faving
this article and
`anmari has been spreading her infectious positivity throughout our community for over 6 years. Throughout this time Ana has been at the core of all things devious, passionately developing an eclectic gallery, helping organise devmeets, participating in chat events and also recently completed dedicating her time as a Community Volunteer. We are absolutely delighted to bestow the Deviousness Award for May 2013 to `anmari, congratulations! Read More